League of Legends Problem

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by harshal360, Nov 11, 2013.

1. harshal360

harshal360

Hey guys, I have an issue with League of Legends ever since upgrading to Windows 8. The game will constantly just freeze and say not responding. So I have to leave my game and reopen it which causes me to lose the game. Has anyone else had this problem? If so did you ever find a solution?

harshal360, Nov 11, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. harshal360

themarting

I havent had that problem with this particular game, but have had similar problems with other games. You can try to run them in compatibility mode for the last OS it ran well on for you. I cant explain what compatibility mode does, but i know its fixed things for me before. I actually looked up leage of legends and this seems to be a known issue among users.

What you can do is:
    1. Find your Riot Games folder (if you have one hard drive it will be in c: Program Files or Program Files x86)
    2. Find *\Riot Games\League of Legends\lol.launcher.exe
    3. Right click it and choose properties
    4. Click the compatibility tab, check "Run this program in compatibility mode for..." Then choose either Windows 7 or Windows 8.
    5. Do this to *\Riot Games\League of Legends\lol.launcher.exe and *\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\0.0.0.249\deploy\League of Legends.exe
    Hope that works for you! please report back...

themarting, Nov 12, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. harshal360

airplayne

In addition to what themarting said, you can also try dialing back the graphics setting and seeing if that improves things.

airplayne, Nov 13, 2013
  4. harshal360

themarting

I wouldnt expect the graphics settings themselves to cause anything, but maybe your video card driver didnt transfer over correctly. In this case youre right, dialing back the settings or making sure you have to correct driver might fix it.

themarting, Nov 14, 2013
  5. harshal360

Nicessaux

Try updating your graphics drivers... beyond that I dont think anyone can help you without more accurate information :(

Nicessaux, Feb 8, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question