keyboard number keys not working on top - they repeat last letter used

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by Bernard, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Bernard

Bernard

After I downloaded and installed Windows 8 Pro a few days ago, the keyboard number keys on top of my Dell XPS L501X laptop are not working. When I use the shift key the @, #, $, %, ^, &, * or the number bottons don't work, they repeat the last letter used. I am using my desktop to post this message.

Bernard, Nov 1, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. Bernard

mrids

same here does'nt work on browser windows. works only on notepad of dell xps1340

mrids, Nov 1, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. Bernard

Howard

Same with me. Dell Inspiron Laptop. Tried IE, Mozilla, Safari, all have same issue of not being able to type in numbers and punctuations from the top row of numbers on the keyboard. Need a fix here quick. Pretty major issue. Can't type in e-mail addresses on any web site. Meaning can't log in to any accounts, programs, anything. The only way around it is to type your e-mail in Notepad or Word, then copy and paste it into the web page.

Howard, Nov 6, 2012
  4. Bernard

mrids

After uninstalling comcast constant guard it started working

mrids, Nov 6, 2012
  5. Bernard

Howard

mrids, thanks! I didn't even realize I had Constant Guard installed! Comcast has to get with the program...will be spreading the word, thanks for giving out the answer!

Howard, Nov 6, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question