Kaspersky "NO Customer Service!"

Discussion in 'Security' started by Nibiru2012, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Nibiru2012

Nibiru2012 Moderator

THIS IS A WARNING TO ALL WHO ARE CONSIDERING PURCHASING KASPERSKY PRODUCTS!

About two months ago I purchased a one year subscription 3 PC user Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 retail package with bonafide license and disk from Amazon.

Two days ago the software had a popup telling me that my license was now blocked. No reason was given.

Today I received an email stating that Amazon was not an "authorized reseller" for Kaspersky products. WTH?? The rep told me in the email that they would NOT issue another activation code, BUT they would give me a "Six Month Code" I would be able to use. (I am in awe of such a generous and benevolent extension of the customer service... NOT!) So therefore I would not receive the full 12 month license, losing 4 months worth of service and protection.

Excuse my use of some coarse language, but this is total bovine scatology! [​IMG][​IMG]

This is absolutely the worst example of no-customer service I have ever experienced regarding computer software and/or hardware!

Kaspersky WILL NEVER get anymore business from me, and now that I have informed the members of this forum, I hope that anyone considering using Kaspersky products to step back and reconsider going to another product such as F-Secure or G-DATA.

Nibiru2012, Aug 2, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. Nibiru2012

Ian Administrator

Hmmm, this doesn't sound good. I'd contact Amazon and see what they have to say about this. It seems incredible that they can just revoke the license like that, especially for a legitimate copy bought from a big retailer... Surely they should have taken this up with Amazon and not the end users (as this would be a PR disaster!).

As it happens, I bought the 3 user 1 year KIS 2012 license just 2 weeks ago - so I'll be interested to see what happens to that license (I've still got about 12 days left on my current one). Certainly makes me think twice in future!

Ian, Aug 6, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. Nibiru2012

davehc

Maybe you are not aware, Ian, but tucked down in the MVP pages, there is a section for third party software. Kaspersky offer a free one year subscription for any single one of their products.

davehc, Aug 6, 2012
    Ian likes this.
  4. Nibiru2012

NickJ

Bad situation man. I hope you get a refund or something. You really have a good case here, and if you're not helped you should raise hell and use all of your available resources to do it!

NickJ, Oct 24, 2012
  5. Nibiru2012

GuyBall

Too bad to hear that mate. I don't really like their customer support either and you're not the first one to have such horrible experience with their support. That said, I still can't seem to choose anything, since I've tried almost all mainstream antiviruses and ended up having malicious softwares on my PC eventually and had to install Kaspersky anyway. That might be just me though.

Good luck with your next purchase, though! :)

GuyBall, Apr 14, 2013
  6. Nibiru2012

themarksquared

Now this is one good reason why I'll never pay for another anti-virus software. The fact that they treat their paying customers like crap is a big turn-off for me. Kaspersky is very lucky to even have customers despite the fact that there are better and free alternatives out in the market. One of the good alternatives I can highly recommend is the anti-virus software developed by Microsoft called Microsoft Security Essentials. I'm using the Windows 8 version of it, and I haven't had any problems regarding the software ever since. In addition, it's free!

I don't want to sound like I'm hating on Kaspersky or on other anti-virus software, but I really hate the fact that they treat their customers like this. This is a big no-no.

I hope that you're situation will be heard by the company. Good luck.

themarksquared, May 19, 2013
  7. Nibiru2012

habibk20

We always Purchase Kaspersky Internet Security for our Office the Corporate key and i never had such issues with Kaspersky, ill say i completely trust their security after BitDefender

habibk20, May 29, 2013
  8. Nibiru2012

GuyBall

I had terrible experience with detection rates when it comes to Microsoft AV - and I won't risk it again. I had used it for sometime on my Win 7 and KAV picked up a whole lot of hidden threats that easily bypassed Microsoft Security Essentials. I'm not saying it's crap or anything - but it's just been my experience that's all. I've never felt secure with any other AVs except Kaspersky - free or otherwise. And they thankfully don't hog resources much either.

GuyBall, Jun 1, 2013
  9. Nibiru2012

airplayne

I tried the Kaspersky security suite and was not all that impressed. Ended up going with bitdefender.

airplayne, Jun 2, 2013
  10. Nibiru2012

GuyBall

What was it you didn't like about KSS? I use Kaspersky Antivirus/Internet Security, so obviously can't vouch for Security Suite. But in my experience, Kaspersky has never let me down when it comes to virus detection. And much less annoying false positives too - which is such a relief.

GuyBall, Jun 2, 2013
  11. Nibiru2012

airplayne

It may have been compatibility issues, but can't really remember since it was over a year ago when I tried it. I am quite happy with bitdefender.

airplayne, Jun 3, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question