It looks like M.S.E. now known as Windows Defender in Windows 8 is worthless

Discussion in 'Security' started by brkkab123, Dec 5, 2012.

1. brkkab123

brkkab123

Numerous article surfaced yesterday stating Microsoft Security Essentials ( now known as Windows Defender in Windows 8 is currently worthless. Here's PC Magazines article about it. Pretty much every computer magazine website has a similar article posted. http://securitywatch.pcmag.com/none/305401-microsoft-fails-av-test-certification Norton is also pretty worthless in it's 2013 versions. I'm glad I replaced NIS 2013 with Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 on Monday. P.S. Iwas gone from the forum for almost a month due to housing/utility/internet troubles. I moved and got away from the druggies and all utilities here are paid up to date, instead of my rent utilities money going to ex-landlorf/roommate's drug addiction unknowingly to me.

brkkab123, Dec 5, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. brkkab123

Kougar Moderator

I wouldn't say worthless, but it is certainly a disappointing result that confirms recent trends some other sites have been reporting. I'll have to remember to check back with their next series of tests.

Kougar, Dec 17, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. brkkab123

davehc

Not in defence, but, The tests were, of course, on windows 7. Possibly little change with Windows 8, but a later test will be interesting. I don't think there were any other articles with their own summaries, only copies of the original.

davehc, Dec 17, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question