Issues with AMD Catalyst Driver v14.12 on Windows 8.1 x64

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by Ganesh Ujwal, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Ganesh Ujwal

Ganesh Ujwal

I updated my video card drivers to version 14.12 for Windows 8.1 Update 1 x64. I have an AMD Radeon HD 6800 with 3 monitors. The are plugged in through the HDMI and DisplayPorts on the card.

After updating, my third monitor displays in a monochrome / B&W style. I managed to roll back to a different driver version by uninstalling the driver from the device manager and letting windows locate a driver from Windows Update. But I would like to run the Catalyst software and have the latest driver if possible, I am unable to use the Windows 8 Hulu app because it says my video driver is out of date. Also, flash, in chrome, seems to be using a lot more CPU now than it did before I had to roll back to the Windows driver.

I tried installing a previous version of Catalyst from the AMD site. First time it failed to install saying that it was unable to detect hardware. Then after a reboot, I was able to install the earlier version (14.9), but that was the same driver version that windows installed, I just now have the catalyst software also.

Ganesh Ujwal, Jan 5, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. Ganesh Ujwal

bassfisher6522

When installing the latest GPU driver it's recommended that you uninstall the previous driver first.You can download and save the latest driver but don't install it until the previous driver is uninstalled, completely.

Most of us enthusiast like to use DDU (display driver uninstaller) and you can get the latest version from here.
    http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

bassfisher6522, Jan 5, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question