Is win8 new operating system or patch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stan, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Stan

Stan

I have had some very bad experiences with precious versions of windows (blue screens and so on) so I am concerned about going to anther PC platform with win8 and ending up with those same problems (system crashes). So maybe it would be better to go to a mac or an android. So what I want to know is win8 just an add on to an existing windows OS or has it been rewritten from scratch????

Stan, Nov 25, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Stan

davidhk129

Win 8 is a new operating system although it shares a lot of applications/programs with win 7.

As to your "bad experiences", I would suggest that you have them resolved completely FIRST, before you even contemplate a switch to Win 8.
    Otherwise, the new system will most like "inherit" the problems from previous OS.

davidhk129, Nov 25, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. Stan

orz

Firstly Windows 8 is a new desktop operating system, although it is available on some Windows smartphones, that's not relevant.

In terms of your system crashes I think that's most likely more hardware related than software related, is your physical PC getting too hot or noisy? There could be something wrong with that.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2013
    orz, Nov 29, 2013
  4. Stan

davidhk129

Smartphone is not the only device that uses Android operating system.
    Other than Windows tablets and Apple ipads, other tablets use Android as their operating system.
    System crash can be both hardware and software related. One must not dismiss or put emhasis on one over the other without facts.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
    davidhk129, Nov 29, 2013
  5. Stan

Black_Epiphany

Personally I recommend going with Windows 8, which is the latest operating system from Microsoft. Windows 8 performs fine on any PC if you have the appropriate hardware. Your system crashes in the past may be the result of other issues, but you should be okay with a good setup in the future.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2013
    Black_Epiphany, Nov 29, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question