Is there such things as games not compatible

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ksam911, May 28, 2013.

1. ksam911

ksam911

My brother uses windows 7 and I am not sure what game he is trying to play but apparently it is not allowing the install. Is it possible that the game is not compatible? Yes the game is for PC. It was borrowed apparently and he does not have the original case so i'm not sure if it meets the requirements but our desktop computer was bought within the last 2 months so there is no way it cannot meet the requirements. Any suggestions?

ksam911, May 28, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. ksam911

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

Well, not knowing the game's name, it's hard to comment. Search for it in the Compatibility Center and see how it rates there.

Core, May 28, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. ksam911

ksam911

Thanks for the suggestion Core. I will take a look at it once I get home from work. It is just odd to me, the game is a recent release on a recent desktop so it just seems odd you know?

ksam911, May 28, 2013
  4. ksam911

inb4

What is the game in question?

inb4, May 30, 2013
  5. ksam911

guitarhero

generally speaking, most games made within the past 6 - 8 years should work fine on windows 8 machines so along with checking Cores compatibility checker page you could also check out PC Gaming Wiki who offer a variety of tips and fixes for most major games and could potentially show you how to get your game working on windows 8.

But as already mentioned if you could find out the game name that would be great as then some of us may have knowledge of it to help you ;)

guitarhero, May 30, 2013
  6. ksam911

airplayne

I haven't had the time to look yet, but does anyone here know if Windows 8 have the same "compatibility mode" that Windows 7 has? That could help the OP with solving their problem as well.

airplayne, May 30, 2013
  7. ksam911

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Yep. right click and choose properties, then select the compatibility tab and make your selections. Same as previous iterations.

Trouble, May 30, 2013
    airplayne likes this.
  8. ksam911

airplayne

Awesome. I have a few games I would like to play, eventually, that I know would need this as they are more than 5 years old.

airplayne, May 30, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question