Is there any way to get the Intel 910 IGP working in windows 8?

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by jubbly, Nov 3, 2012.

1. jubbly

jubbly

I am at my wits end with this.

I have an AcerPower FG with the intel integrated graphics. All I want is the right resolution of 1920x1080 but I can't get it to work.

Windows will only load the generic windows driver and any attempt to update it using downloaded drivers fails.

jubbly, Nov 3, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. jubbly

brkkab123

Try disabling your antirus or Windows Defender. For Windows Defender click on Settings and uncheck realtime protection and click OK. Now right-click on the driver and click on Run As Administrator and see if that work's. If it doesn't, I'm out of suggestions.

brkkab123, Nov 3, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. jubbly

Kougar Moderator

What resolution is your display set at now? Can you post a screenshot of the graphics settings panel?

Windows 8 won't support GPU rendering and will have to use CPU rendering for the interface, but I'm not entirely sure what that actually means for Windows 8.... for Windows 7 it means no Areo Glass GUI. I know that Areo Glass won't run on 915 and older Intel IGPs without some hacking. Even then, it should at least allow you to use the correct resolution... you may want to try windows update and seeing if it finds a graphics or display driver to use.

Kougar, Nov 3, 2012
  4. jubbly

jubbly

After some more searching online it seems that this cannot be made to work. I have upgraded from xp and apparently this IGP won't even do aero in vista or windows 7, as Kougar says. I didn't know this because I have only ever had xp on it.

I have invested in a basic reconditioned nvidia card for £14. Can't go wrong with that really and it will actually allow me to play video and games better than any IGP could. I am also upgrading the celeron d cpu to a pentium 4 HT 670....as you can see I like my hardware on the cutting edge.:cool::D

Thanks for your replies guys.

If anyone can find a way to make this work feel free to add to the thread.

jubbly, Nov 4, 2012
    Core likes this.
  5. jubbly

jubbly

I tried all that. Also tried compatibility mode. From what I can gather online there is no WDDM driver for these so they cannot work in Windows 8.

I have been following another thread on another forum and they have tried for months to get this working with various modifications to the inf file and custom installers and they cannot get it to work.

jubbly, Nov 4, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question