:-( - Is Microsoft that unprofessional?

Discussion in 'Crashes, BSODs and Debugging' started by David B, Aug 7, 2013.

1. David B

David B

Hello everyone,

The other night, when working on my laptop, everything stopped working, and the following came up on my screen.

[​IMG]

The next day, I mentioned this to my friend, telling him that I think I infected my Windows 8 laptop, and he told me that he has seen that before too, and believes that it really is a part of Windows 8. Could someone here please tell me if they have seen this? I find it hard to believe that Microsoft would be so unprofessional as to put a : ( in an error message like this. ​

David B, Aug 7, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. David B

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

What you are seeing is the "new" equivalent of the "old" BSOD (Blue Screen of Death). And yes that emoticon (if that's what you want to call it) is part of the system.

Trouble, Aug 7, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. David B

David B

You mean that replaces this?

[​IMG]

Wow! That's rather hard for me to digest. I think I like the old BSOD better. The new screen would look much better if the cut the emoticon out of it.

David B, Aug 9, 2013
  4. David B

SolarCell

That screen is part of Windows 8. I have seen it myself a few times, unfortunately.

I do not like the new BSOD either. I can see how you would think it is a virus because the emoticon is unprofessional for an operating system. It also gives less information than the classic BSOD.

SolarCell, Nov 15, 2013
  5. David B

themarting

I dont really mind it. Apple has been doing this for a long time now. It may seem unprofessional to those of us who know a little bit more about the systems, but for the average user, its probably a bit more soothing to see than a bright blue screen with cryptic text they dont understand staring them in the face. I remember the first time i saw a BSOD i though i had screwed something up BADLY. i didnt touch the computer again for 3 days haha.

[​IMG]

themarting, Nov 15, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question