Is it better if I remove the casing of CPU?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CeliVega, Feb 27, 2014.

1. CeliVega

CeliVega

I am wondering if removing the casing will be better as the heat always seem to be accumulating inside. So I thought maybe removing it will let the heat comes out faster? But I am concern that there might be a lot of dusts after a while. Which one is the right move?

CeliVega, Feb 27, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. CeliVega

bassfisher6522

What casing are you referring to? Are you talking about the side panel of a case?

bassfisher6522, Feb 28, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. CeliVega

Ian Administrator

I guess you mean the case, rather than the CPU (the CPU is the processor within the case/chassis)?

If so, yes, removing the side panel will help the temperatures, but you may not need to if everything looks ok. Do you have any temperature monitoring software running to let you know GPU/CPU temps? There's no harm in busting out a vacuum to give the PC case a delicate clean once in a while (especially cleaning the fan filters).

Ian, Mar 1, 2014
  4. CeliVega

CeliVega

Ah, my mistake for referring it as the CPU. I don't have any temperature monitoring software, I guess I could get one to have a better monitoring on the temperature of my computer. Any recommendations on which software or applications to get? I guess I could give vacuum it or give it some simple dusting once in a while.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

CeliVega, Mar 3, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question