Internet capability button won't stay on

Discussion in 'Networking' started by zoomzilla, Mar 7, 2015.

1. zoomzilla

zoomzilla

My wife uses her computer for work and she is unable to connect to our home wifi network. When I go to the network connection settings there are two options: airplane mode and wifi. Airplane mode and wifi are both turned off. When I turn wifi on it thinks for a few seconds and automatically toggles back off. I'm sure this is the reason she cant connect, but why wont the wifi button stay on? BTW I know the wireless connection is working because I'm currently connected on my laptop to type this message. Thanks to anyone willing to take the time to help..

zoomzilla, Mar 7, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. zoomzilla

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Is it possible that someone at work (I.T. Administrators) may have configured her take home laptop to block certain features or functions for security purposes?
    There are any number of policy settings that an administrator can configure to prevent the computer from accessing the internet or using features such as a wireless connection.

Trouble, Mar 7, 2015
    1. Advertisements

3. zoomzilla

zoomzilla

No she's the only one with access to her computer. I suppose it could've been done remotely but they have one person on call during the weekend and its her weekend so it wouldn't make sense to disable her connection. A few hours after this post the internet connection was magically restored. I thought it might be that she disabled it with a function key but I tried function and every button on the keyboard without success. Thanks anyway for your help.

zoomzilla, Mar 8, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question