Installing Windows 8 on Gigabyte Motherboards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ronpeck, Oct 13, 2011.

1. ronpeck

ronpeck

Tried installing Win8 on a GA-X58-UD7 M/b on a removeable HD seemed to install OK but would not open the desktop..put the same HD with the same install in another computer running GA-X38T-DQ6 M/b and that motherboard seems to be handling it OK..installed a couple of programs no problem...back to the first computer with the same HD and install...desktop now opens OK .. but the install won't run or install any programs,,??!!
    Only the first computer has internet access and is the one I wish to use.
    Has anyone struck this situation and or has anyone any comments or ideas as to what is happening!!

ronpeck, Oct 13, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. ronpeck

Papo

Difficult to determine with just the info you provided. The one thing that come to mine is BIOS setup, but again we need more info. You mentioned a removable HD; how is it connected, USB, SATA, etc?

Papo, Oct 14, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. ronpeck

ronpeck

HD Plugin SATA connection...This motherboard has give problems before with some programs..Acronis would not install before a BIOS update 12mths later..some LINUX programs still won't install..yes probibly is BIOS but outside my ken! unless someone else has had the same problem and has some answers I will put it in the too hard basket and use the other computer..

ronpeck, Oct 15, 2011
  4. ronpeck

Papo

It could be a BIOS setting issue. You can try setting the motherboard to factory defaults using jumpers. You can find this info on the manufactures website; or disconnect the PC from the outlet, remove the CMOS battery and put it back after a few minutes.

Papo, Oct 16, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question