Install asus drivers and not the windows 8 ones

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by MartinL, Feb 13, 2017.

1. MartinL

MartinL

I have a new pc with an asus motherboard and i want to install windows 8.1 x64 in it, but despite all the searching i have done i haven't seen a clear answer to my question. So i want simply ask this: Let's say i will install 8 asus drivers for chipset, usb 3, etc... when i finish installation of windows i don't want windows to automatically install the generic windows drivers but i want to install the 8 asus ones.How i can do that? If i don't install any updates but right after windows installation i install asus drivers would do what i want? or again windows will install its drivers?
    And second if i install updates first and after the asus drivers then apparrently will happen the same. But again if i do either the first or the second windows will install its generic drivers and simply i will install my asus drivers after the generic ones. The point is that when you install a driver for a device always you must uninstall the previous ones e.g. graphics card etc...So what will i do? Uninstall the generic ones,( and where to find them in device manager there many many...)Or simply install the 8 asus from the .exe file and hope to overwrite the generic ones? So basically the question is how to properly install the motherboard drivers and how to check it if the hardware components are installed with the generic or the motherboard's ones?
    thanks

MartinL, Feb 13, 2017
    1. Advertisements