Ideas for this site?

Discussion in 'Announcements, Suggestions and Feedback' started by Ian, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Ian

Ian Administrator

At the moment the site is using pretty much the same layout as W7Forums.com - but that can easily be changed. I'm toying with the idea of creating a new forum design, but wanted to get input from you guys first. :)

Is it worth sticking with this current design + some tweaks, or would a whole re-design be worthwhile?

As soon as more is know about the look and feel of Windows 8, that will be the time I'll make the biggest design changes :cool:.

If you've got any other ideas on what we could add, just let me know and I'll see what can be done. A "thanks" (or maybe facebook style "like") button will be added soon, like on w7forums :).

Ian, Jul 26, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Ian

Mychael

An idea I saw in another forum is where one can re-post a problem they have but which never got solved in the original posting.
    This other section allows the poster to re-highlight his problem and bring it directly to the attention of the Uber Geeks to solve when it may have been overlooked in it's original posting.
    To keep control of the "special help" section it's set so that the O/P can only post and the thread cannot be extended and only the tech experts with special privileges can respond to the question. Once solved that particular thread is either locked or deleted.

Mychael, Jul 31, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Ian

Ian Administrator

Can you PM me a link to that site please Mychael and I'll take a look to see how it works :).

Ian, Aug 4, 2010
  4. Ian

Mychael

No worries Ian. I'll give it a go.

Mychael, Aug 9, 2010
  5. Ian

Ian Administrator

Thanks Mike :)

Ian, Aug 10, 2010
  6. Ian

BetaMan

I'm one for a new design. I love GUI changes and once we can get a grip on what Windows 8 looks like, I think with some work, this place could look even more amazing than it already does!

BetaMan, Aug 14, 2010
  7. Ian

Ian Administrator

Yep - as soon as we've got a taste of what Windows 8 is going to look like then I'll get started on a fresh design, with all of these new features :D.

Ian, Aug 25, 2010
  8. Ian

davehc

This may be out of context for this thread, but.

I can see that, for the past couple of weeks, the activity on the Windows 7 site has been picking up. This shows on the survey sites such as alexa and others.

At this stage, perhaps it is important to encourage an interest in Windows 8 sites. There is, at the moment, another dedicated site to which I was automatically elected. Today, for example, when I visited after a 20 hour break, there were ten new posts. None were in any way connected with Windows 8, but, at least, the interest in the site was being kept alive.
    Whats my point?
    Well, a suggestion. Would it be possible to open a Windows 8 section on our other site, and automatically transfer new input .to here? THis might well encourage our members to look in here more often, and even attract new members. In the same breathe, there are quite a lot of speculative news items around, concerning Windows 8. How about a news robot feed here to keep the activity alive?

davehc, Aug 26, 2010
  9. Ian

davehc

Perhaps my post has explained itself?
    As you can see, my post, above, is over a week old and was the last on the site.

davehc, Sep 4, 2010
  10. Ian

Ian Administrator

Yep, you're right that it is pretty quiet here Dave - I'm not sure how much interest there is for Windows 8 at the moment, as there hasn't been too much information out yet.

I don't think it would be possible to transfer content from a section on the W7 forum to this one... however it would be possible to create a forum category "link" which jumps straight to this Windows 8 forum.

As soon as Windows 8 information starts to become semi-regular, I'll make a BIG push on here to get it active :). At the moment, there are the dedicated users from w7forums.com on here - but we've not got too much to talk about. Once the first suggestions of alpha leaks and screenshots appear, then this place should really take off.

Ian, Sep 6, 2010
  11. Ian

davehc

Agreed. With the starting rumours of Vista, the web activity was frenzied. There were very early leaks, which all the nosey, and enthusiasts, quickly got hold of. Ms seem to be sitting tighter on the new one!
    I

davehc, Sep 7, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question