I need a little help here..

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by hope, Feb 1, 2015.

1. hope

hope

Hello! i have windows 8 and decided to update to 8.1.. All good no errors during instalation i restart the computer , log in normally , everything was good but in the next second it appears Sign Out or something like that and then restart..Now when i log in the screen is black i can see the mouse cursor but that's it.. it's not working at all i can only move it. haved to press all the keys combination to acces my computer and search for google chrome to write this in hope for a solution.. now how in the world to fix this? note: i used disk cleanup from computer because my C: was almost full and deleted something i don't know what it was but it took a while .. maybe that's why i'm having this problem/? i deleted something important? or it is the update fault?

hope, Feb 1, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. hope

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Hello and welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear that you're having some problems.
    With respect to the quote above..... The native Windows "Disk CleanUp" utility does not normally support any deletion of critical system files. So unless you went above and beyond that product in your attempt to free up disk space on your drive then I would think that, that is not the problem.

Now for a couple questions.....
    Can you boot into Safe Mode / Safe Mode with networking?
    You've mentioned that you can perform some tasks by using some key combinations. Perhaps you can launch task manager by using Ctrl + Alt+ Delete and use its' file menu to "Run New Task" and type
    msconfig
    Then use the boot tab to select the Safe Mode radio button and tick the Networking checkbox.
    It sounds a bit like perhaps you are not getting the Windows shell to launch. Perhaps try typing
    explorer.exe into task manager's run new task and see what happens.

Do you have install media or did you create a Recovery Disk?
    If so can you boot from that and perhaps try a startup repair or some of the other advanced troubleshooting tools.

Trouble, Feb 1, 2015
    1. Advertisements

3. hope

hope

Thanks for answer and the welcome Trouble from N.W Indiana. I did Safe Mode but it;s the same.. and explorer.exe , too.. i didn't create restore point. i have a error maybe it helps you it says when i open device manager Taskmgr.exe-Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point [email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library C: /Windows/ System32/Windwos.UI.Immersive.dll i click ok then it lets me on task manager. small thing but maybe you can figure out.. the games are running ok just the desktop where icons should be is black and dont respond to nothing only hotkeys

hope, Feb 1, 2015
  4. hope

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Had you been using any third party overlays to provide a different more conventional desktop experience? Something like classic shell or start 8 or one of the other such programs?
    The Windows.UI.Immersive.dll file that is specified in your error is of course the new start page / start menu in windows 8.
    If you could launch a Command Prompt AS ADMINISTRATOR then you may run
    sfc /scannow
    and see if that identifies and fixes anything
    Otherwise, I'd say back that puppy up and attempt a "Refresh" failing that perhaps a "Reset" from the advanced recovery options.
    See if those will get you back some semblance of a working computer.

Trouble, Feb 1, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question