HP ProBook 6570b - Plugged In, Not Charging

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by David B, Aug 11, 2013.

1. David B

David B

Hello everyone,

A friend of mine e-mailed me saying that his HP ProBook 6570b, which he has had only for a few weeks, is having issues with charging the battery. His laptop can only power on when it is plugged in, and if it is running when you unplug it from the charger, it crashes. Whenever plugged in, the task tray icon says (Plugged In, Not Charging).

Does anyone know what could be the problem, and what could be done to resolve it?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2013
    David B, Aug 11, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. David B

bassfisher6522

If this is a new purchase....I would suggest taking it back, as it should be under warranty. This is not normal by any means on a brand new laptop.

bassfisher6522, Aug 14, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. David B

Ian Administrator

Yep, I agree. As it's a new-ish laptop and is almost certainly still under warranty, I'd take it back and get it fixed. It could easily be a problem with the battery or charging mechanism, both of which would be expensive to fix if it's out of warranty.

Ian, Aug 15, 2013
  4. David B

David B

He got a battery replacement, and everything is working again as usual. Fortunately it was the battery and not the laptop.

David B, Aug 17, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question