How to upgrade Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 Single Language ?

SOLVED Discussion in 'Installation, Setup and Upgrades' started by LYGO, Nov 18, 2014.

1. LYGO

LYGO

Hello,
    I want to perform a clean reinstallation for my laptop but my laptop doesn't include a
    Windows 8/8.1 DVD when I first bought it . When I first bought it clearly state that Windows 8.1 Single Language (64x)(build 9600) on the system properties windows but when I check bottom/back of my laptop & found out that there is a Windows 8 sticker badge (see picture below) but not Windows 8.1
    [​IMG]

So does this mean, I have downloaded Windows 8.iso first, then later update to
    Windows 8.1 Single Language (64x)(build 9600)?

Secondly, How do I know which Windows 8 suitable with my laptop which is the
    Windows 8.1 Single Language (64x)(build 9600)?

Note:
    - I have a valid/genuine serial numbers of Windows 8.1 Single Language (64x)(build 9600) (OEM)
    - I change my HDD for this laptop which mean this is not the genuine HDD that the factory gave when I first bought it, please refer to this thread

Thank You

LYGO, Nov 18, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. LYGO

LYGO

I double check my system, the factory install Windows 8.1 Single Language in it not Windows 8 Single Language. I just get some info that Windows 8 & Windows 8.1 sticker badge are the same. So now, this what I do : -

1. For anyone who have Windows 8.1 install in their pc/laptop but didn't have a recover or Installation DVD ( OS DVD) include at the time you bought your pc/laptop, you can download at Windows Microsoft.com ( click the blue sentence to go to the page to download Windows 8.1 OS DVD).

2. On that page, click on Create Media button

3. After finish download, open the .exe file ( the program named is mediacreationtool.exe)

4. Now, choose your language, Edition (Windows Edition) & Architecture .

5. Choose where to save the installation file, then click Next

Wait for the download & your done

7. Use Rufus to put the iso in the usb & reinstall my laptop. Done!

To check what editon/version your Windows is ( If your laptop doesn't include a Windows 8/8.1 DVD when I first bought it):-
    1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    2. Tap or click PC and devices, and then tap or click PC info.

3. Look under Windows for the version and edition of Windows that your PC is running.

4. Look under PC for System type to see if you're running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows.
    or

1. Press Fn+F10, type on the search box msinfo32 ( make sure the above column is Everywhere not File ) , then press enter

or if you what more specific info you can use Belarc Advisor.

If you install Windows 8, then you want to update to Windows 8.1, check this Microsoft page. It explain one by one how to do it.

LYGO, Nov 20, 2014
    Ian likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question