How to turn off Admin messages

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by sethm1, Dec 6, 2012.

1. sethm1

sethm1

I have gone into User Accounts and moved the bar down to never notify - but when I install a program, I still get a pop up asking for my OK.

I have also configured the PC (its a desktop) to open straight to the Start screen - by passing having to enter my password.

Thx

Side question. I have win 8 on this PC and have yet to upgrade my other (desktop) PC. Can I have them both running with using the same Windows Live username & password?

Thx -again.

sethm1, Dec 6, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. sethm1

davehc

Try opening the action centre in the control panel. - "Change Action center settings." Untick everything.(or those items for which you do not want a warning) You can also open the services and disable the item "Security centre. These mods will leave you a little more exposed, but they are basic warnings - not antivirus preventions. After doing the above, you may still get the occasional warning if you try to modify any system integrated files,..

In your second question, Yes you can, there is no problem. I assume you have purchased two copies, otherwise you may infringe the Eula.

davehc, Dec 6, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. sethm1

sethm1

Thanks-
    yes have two (paid) DVD's

sethm1, Dec 6, 2012
  4. sethm1

sethm1

Also - wanted to tweak one PC before installing 8 on the other PC.

sethm1, Dec 7, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question