How to switch off desktop pictures in W8.1?

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by dedeurs, Dec 18, 2014.

1. dedeurs

dedeurs

Hi,
    I tried Selecting a batch of pictures (my own, not Windows) in the overview and 'Clear' them, but nothing happens, except that Save Changes grays out. The desktop keeps showing the JPEG's I store in my default dowload map, so deleting that file is not an option. I tried to change the Pictures Location and also check an empty file, but nothing happens.
    I also don't understand why the pictures showed up yesterday, perhaps online I actived Save as Desktop Image, that's possible. But I want to get rid of them.

dedeurs, Dec 18, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. dedeurs

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Not too sure that I understand completely but......
    It sounds like you've got a desktop background (slideshow) pointed at a local folder which hosts some pictures.
    If that's the case, then why not just start off by selecting a different Windows Theme and customize away until you've got it like you want it.
    No sense in fighting something that doesn't seem to be working and may for some unknown reason be corrupt. Just start fresh and that may also have the added bonus of
    keeping your existing files from jeopardy

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
    Trouble, Dec 18, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. dedeurs

dedeurs

Okay, I chose another theme and hey, it no longer features a picture. Thanks, noobwhisperer.

dedeurs, Dec 18, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question