how to stop Win8 from logging me into my Microsoft account

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by scajjr2, Apr 30, 2013.

1. scajjr2

scajjr2

Just got a new laptop with Win8. Made the mistake of linking it to my microsoft account now I have to enter the password every time I boot up. How do I UNLINK the laptop so I can just boot into Win8? (Using Start8 BTW)

Sam

scajjr2, Apr 30, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. scajjr2

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Sounds to me like you're looking to "Switch to a local account".
    Hold the Windows Logo Key and strike the "c" to evoke the "Charms" side bar, click the Gear labeled "Settings" at the bottom. Then click the link at the very bottom that says "Change PC Settings".
    From the left column select "Users" and then click "Switch to a local account"
    Then you should be able to create the new local user through that interface.

EDIT: And by the way. Hello and welcome to the forum. Thanks for taking the time to join our community.

Trouble, Apr 30, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. scajjr2

davehc

You can also, if you would prefer to go that way, have an automatic log in which will take you through to the desktop. __

Press the Windows Key + R keyboard combination. This will bring up a run box, Type netplwiz and enter.
    You will now see the "User Accounts" dialog box, with a list of all the users on your computer.

Select your user account from the list, then uncheck the “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer” checkbox then click the apply button.
    Yet another window will pop up, , where you will need to input your password, then click OK.

Click OK again to close the User Accounts dialog

davehc, May 1, 2013
  4. scajjr2

scajjr2

Thanks guys.

Sam

scajjr2, May 1, 2013
  5. scajjr2

xHysteria

You have to make a local account. Just switch in the control panel for users.
    I did this for my dad because he doesn't regularly use his email via Microsoft.

xHysteria, May 3, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question