How to log in without internet connection in windows 8.1??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arnab Seal, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Arnab Seal

Arnab Seal

I have upgraded my pc to windows 8.1 from wiindows 8.Now while turning on the laptop i need to use the microsoft account password just to log into the laptop.If internet is not there then what to do??How to log into my pc without internet connection??
    Can i log into my pc without internet??

Arnab Seal, Dec 8, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Arnab Seal

MyDigitalpoint

I have not upgraded to 8.1 yet (thankfully) but under 8 after failing to login you are given the opportunity to reset your password.

You may try to do such thing. Since there is no Internet connection it may return an error and provide you with such reset option.

Don't take my word for it, though. I'm just trying to figure out the intro screen could be set as in version 8.

MyDigitalpoint, Dec 8, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. Arnab Seal

Thatnewguy

I set a numeric PIN for windows. It's easier to type then a password and I don't think internet connection would have an effect on it.

To set it, press the windows key + s > Type: PC Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options and set your pin there.

Thatnewguy, Dec 9, 2013
  4. Arnab Seal

davehc

At the bottom of the log in screen, you should see an option ""Don't have an account, create a new account)
    Click this and. on the next screen, "Sign in without a Microsoft account"
    Fill in the details of your choice, and you should be OK.

Thatnewguy:
    this particular password, is only effective on your LAN, as you probably know. In my case, in retirement, I have family visiting, who bring their tablets etc with them. I have no security fears from them, so I have chosen to bypass the password requirement and have an auto login.

davehc, Dec 9, 2013
  5. Arnab Seal

Arnab Seal

Okay.I will try this.While upgrading there was an option to provide the microsoft Id and password to complete the upgradation process.I have used the id and password.
    Now in the log in screen its automatically detecting my account credential(i.e my email id) and asking for the password.

Arnab Seal, Dec 9, 2013
  6. Arnab Seal

MyDigitalpoint

it's good to know what to do just in case this happens to me when I do the upgrade, not in the short-term, but I know I will have to do it eventually.

MyDigitalpoint, Dec 9, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question