How to close Internet Explorer 10?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MyDigitalpoint, Nov 8, 2013.

1. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint

I had already renounced to use Internet Explorer since version 8 because it was a heavy load for my previous computer, but now that my new one came with Internet Explorer 10, I thought to give it a second chance.

I liked the new IE too and it's really better than IE8, but my problem is the "new look" metro version.

With the regular explorer there is no problem closing this program, but when I am in metro version i don't see how to close it.

Does anyone can tell me how?

Sorry for the dumb question but I can't find the way :oops:

MyDigitalpoint, Nov 8, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. MyDigitalpoint

davehc

I only use it in desktop mode, but, I would think it is the same as other Metro Apps? Just grab the top and pull it down.

davehc, Nov 8, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. MyDigitalpoint

davidhk129

I barely had win 8 for 2 weeks before I upgraded to win 8.1
    At that time I hardly knew how to navigate around.

The only thing I remember is, whenever I got stuck and couldn't get out, I pressed Window logo + C to go back to Start page.

Now using Win 8.1, I have Start8 and ModernMix ( from Stardock. Cost $7.99 for both) installed which allow me to work just like in Windows 7.
    So, I have no answer for you either.
    Sorry.

davidhk129, Nov 8, 2013
    davehc likes this.
  4. MyDigitalpoint

davehc

I am not trying to promote, but, as I have said in several posts, for my method of working, Modernmix has saved Microsoft!

davehc, Nov 9, 2013
  5. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint

Hmm, I have to give Modernmix a go because I'm reading through your posts that it is really handy.

I'm not sure how I'm getting the metro version of IE, but suddenly when I'm in desktop mode I press something that brings the new layout and then I got stuck with it, so if it happens again I will try the metro apps closing trick in the meantime.

MyDigitalpoint, Nov 10, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question