How is game compatibility on Windows 8?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Luca, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Luca

Luca

I have never used windows 8 myself, except for the occasional go I've had on it in a shop.
    So I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the experiences they've had in gaming on windows 8, do they all work? do some perform better or worse than windows 7?

Luca, Dec 3, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Luca

airplayne

Depending on the kind of games you want to play it would also depend on what kind of hardware you have on your computer as well. But with that aside, any somewhat older game (ones that run on XP or later) will run just fine in compatibility mode, just like in Windows 7.

airplayne, Dec 3, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. Luca

MyDigitalpoint

Windows 8 works better in compatibility mode that it did in Windows 7 and obviously way too much better than Windows Vista.

Best of is that it's necessary set the compatibility mode, the OS detects when a game or old software needs it.

MyDigitalpoint, Dec 5, 2013
  4. Luca

Thatnewguy

I haven't noticed any problems with Windows 8 when it comes to gaming. I play a few games, mostly from Steam and they all play fine.

Like said above, compatibility mode is a great feature and seems to work very well when it comes to using programs. I cant speak for how it works for games, though i'm sure its fine.

Thatnewguy, Dec 7, 2013
  5. Luca

lexxar1

I never had any compatibility issues in games while using windows 8, but I guess it really depends on the game. You should try changing the compatibility settings if you ever run into trouble. If you are a Steam user you shouldn't be worried because all the games will work on windows 8.

lexxar1, Jan 16, 2014
  6. Luca

turklife

I think game capatability on Windows 8 is the best it has ever been compared to other versions of Windows. I love how games work so well on Windows 8, and I have no problems with getting games to launch or any performance issues. Windows 8 seems to really push the game to the maximum and it shows in the performance of the games. I am very happy with how well these games run, as I was a little nervous about this before I got Windows 8.

turklife, Jan 17, 2014
  7. Luca

airplayne

What are you currently running?

airplayne, Jan 17, 2014
  8. Luca

apgmonk

The only games I've struggled to get to run are GTA:SA and GTA IV. Every other game I've thrown at it has been fine, even some older ones (except Arcade Pool 2, which says my computer is not capable of running it).

apgmonk, Feb 11, 2014
  9. Luca

Trellum

I was wondering the same thing! I had heard the game compability of this OS was awful! I just bought my new laptop a few weeks ago, and I haven't played any kind of game on it yet. I hope I can at least play the walking dead game on it.

Trellum, Feb 16, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question