How good is Windows 8 for gaming?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by gadgetised, Feb 18, 2014.

1. gadgetised

gadgetised

I am confused when it comes to gaming on Windows 8. Can you play full games? Are older games compatible or just newer games? And what about on tablet computers running the new Windows 8.1. Apparently you can run desktop apps but does this include games?

gadgetised, Feb 18, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. gadgetised

janineaa

According to tomshardware.com,they do not expect to see gaming performance to change in the move from Windows & to Windows 8. A property patched Windows 7 machine shouldn't behave any differently from one with Windows 8 on it. Companies like AMD and Nvidia have had a lot of time for driver development, and proper support for modern graphics cards was in place on Microsoft's launch day.

janineaa, Mar 3, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. gadgetised

Lithium

Games on win 8 are starting to get better and better, even more optimized. Even though I prefer the win 7 for gaming, we might see most games available on win 8 soon.

Lithium, Mar 25, 2014
  4. gadgetised

Trellum

Awful. Specially older games. For some reason I just can't get some old games to work properly on Windows 8.1, they work fine the first time, but whenever I try to launch them again I get a error message. It's so annoying! I hope they fix this with the new update... it's irritating :(

Trellum, Apr 10, 2014
    congthanh likes this.
  5. gadgetised

congthanh

i think windows 8 focus on display, not for gaming, boring

congthanh, Aug 15, 2014
  6. gadgetised

OldGuyGeek

Don't believe everything you hear. Here's a video on Gaming in Windows 8. Ever since 8.1 was released, most games, even old ones, run great.

OldGuyGeek, Aug 23, 2014
  7. gadgetised

najuaunataka

Very good

najuaunataka, Apr 10, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question