How easy is it to customise the interface on windows 8?

Discussion in 'Customization' started by Luca, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Luca

Luca

So the title says it all really, I have no idea and I would like some first hand information on what it's like to customise the interface on windows 8. Is there much you can change with it?

Luca, Dec 3, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Luca

MyDigitalpoint

Wish I could help, but while I found that it's possible customize the metro screen, and the desktop background and icons, I'm not sure what is the key(s) combination(s) that I have pressed to access the area where such customization can be done.

MyDigitalpoint, Dec 3, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. Luca

davehc

You can move the icons around, insert new icons, delete what is there. You can also create groups, which contain shortcuts according to that group. In fact, if you like all the pretty pictures, you can set it up as a graphical start menu, with your favourites on the first screen.

davehc, Dec 3, 2013
  4. Luca

Parth

As davehc said you can move the icons and pick which ones you want. You can also customize the color scheme you want to go for and the design of the start menu. Besides that there's not much else new stuff to change or customize.

Parth, Dec 7, 2013
  5. Luca

Thatnewguy

Like said before, you can customize tiles, change their size, group them..etc.

In windows 8.1 you have the option to completely bypass the metro screen on start up. I personally use this feature as I don't have a touch screen and feel as though the metro interface would be a lot better with one. There are a lot of cool apps in the windows store though. My particular favorite is Evernote. I can pull down from the top of the screen and have the app running on the side while I'm searching the web, allowing me to easily take notes and research at the same time without having to switch windows.

Thatnewguy, Dec 7, 2013
  6. Luca

Parth

Thatnewguy that's a great tip about Everynote. I have it on my phone and it's a very useful app but I didn't know you could do that on Windows. It will be very useful :)

Parth, Dec 8, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question