Here's how to get Windows Media Center in Windows 8 Release Preview

Discussion in 'Windows 8 News' started by brkkab123, Jun 1, 2012.

1. brkkab123

brkkab123

Ed Bott posted this morning on how to add Windows Media Center to Windows 8 Release Preview.

Windows Media Center is not preinstalled in Windows 8 Release Preview. If you want to use Windows Media Center, you need to add it by following these steps:

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
    (If you’re using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)

2. Enter add features in the search box, and then tap or click Add features to Windows 8.

3. Tap or click I already have a product key.

4. Enter this product key: MBFBV-W3DP2-2MVKN-PJCQD-KKTF7 and then click Next.

5. Select the checkbox to accept the license terms and then click Add features.

Your PC will restart and Windows Media Center will now be on your PC and the tile will be pinned to the Start screen.

brkkab123, Jun 1, 2012
    yodap likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. brkkab123

yodap

Thanks

yodap, Jun 2, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. brkkab123

brkkab123

Your welcome Yodap. I noticed something in both WMC in 7 & 8. Once Internet TV is installed, alot of people think alot was taken away. It actually wasn't it's just if you click Internet TV, the listings there were cut back. If you click Guide most of what used to be in the Internet TV screen is still there, but has to be accessed through the Guide. That one's a little dumb on Microsoft's part. So far, I like Release Preview better than Build Preview and Consumer Preview. Haven't fully messed with it yet though. That'll be this weekend and later. Converting my Blu-ray& DVD movies in 7 for streaming to my Xbox 360/hdtv (no Blu-ray player there). It would also be nice if Cyberlink would make PowerDVD 12 Ultra work in 8. There supposedly waiting for it to be released in October. For anyone that tries to use it in 8 disregard the bogus error message about your video card not having enough memory. It's just incompatible software. My video card had 2.0 GBs. and get's the message with AMD's current W8 driver's. Don't know if I should setup my Xbox 360 extender in 8's WMC. As it's setup in WMC in W7 as an extender and I'm not sure if setting it up in 8 will mess up it working in 7. Has anyone tried that one ?

brkkab123, Jun 2, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question