[HELP!]My music and video app are useless!!

Discussion in 'Installation, Setup and Upgrades' started by Charlie.L, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Charlie.L

Charlie.L

I think this problem begin with I installed windows 8.1 system.
    Actually before I upgrade my system, I can use these two apps. But can't now.......
    Who can help me??? TAT....QAQ.....
    My video is MP4 form, and my songs are MP3 form, so it must not be the form problem....
    I can watch videos on the internet, but can not play with my video app and windows media player....
    What's wrong with my computer??

It said that when I play any video:
    "this item was encoded in a format that's not supposed"

upload_2013-12-5_23-24-12.png

Charlie.L, Dec 5, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Charlie.L

Thatnewguy

Have a read through this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842180

I think it may be an issue with the codecs you have or haven't installed.

Windows 8.1, although better than Windows 8 has had a pretty rough start for me as well.

Thatnewguy, Dec 5, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. Charlie.L

MyDigitalpoint

And I have to say, another good reason to avoid upgrade to Windows 8.1 until Microsoft releases a bug-free version.

On the other hand, have you checked what the audio and video devices are set?

I found a problem that was not related to any codec but the OS setting to "default audio device" and "default video device"

I had to change these values to my actual audio and video drivers listed below the "default" thing. Problem was solved this way.

MyDigitalpoint, Dec 5, 2013
  4. Charlie.L

Charlie.L

thanks you two!! I will try to slove the problem by the method provided in the webpage this afternoon. thanks a lot~~^_^

BTW , I want to ask, could you tell me is windows media player and video app are the same thing???(did i make a grammar mistake???)
    these two software(are they software?) are both unavail.....
    more details about my trouble: I try to download an video player named "暴风影音(just a normal player)" and play my videos though it, but still useless....
    Same problem with my downloaded music players, I had try many different player: QQmusci player, Kugoo, kuwo....no one can be used.

Charlie.L, Dec 6, 2013
  5. Charlie.L

davidhk129

To Charlie L,
    If you don't mind paying $1.99 ( yes, $1 and 99 cents ) for VLC 5.0 Media Player.
    Go to Store > type VLC in the search box > select VLC 5.0 Media Player.

VLC can play almost all types of formats, both audio and video files. You won't have to worry about codecs anymore.

RE : 暴风影音
    Find out if it is compatible with Windows 8 and 8.1.
    Chinese link : http://article.pchome.net/content-1645557.html
    English translation link : http://translate.google.ca/translat...ompatible+with+win+8+and+8.1&biw=1207&bih=509

davidhk129, Dec 6, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question