Help. I can't download the MMOs I wanted.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ShortehmcLazzeh, Nov 2, 2013.

1. ShortehmcLazzeh

ShortehmcLazzeh

Hey guys. Thanks for taking time to look upon this.

So far, Windows8 is something upsetting me. I love how the software works. And High resolutions on the graphics.
    It works epicly for my DotA2.

But I can't seem to download the MMOs I wanted. Before, I tried the Beta to Onigiri Online and it worked damn fine :D
    It was awesome.

But then I updated Windows8 and it somehow wiped out everything I installed so I had to reinstalled. And recently I wanted to try Aion and Lineage II. But yeah, you guessed it. I can't. I couldn't even download it because it's not compatible with Windows8 :(

But I browsed through this forum and found that some of you gamers managed to play still and had even better experience than playing it on Windows7. So I'm dyinggggg to know how and why. I really want to game! D:

Thanks for reading and your responses would be great!

ShortehmcLazzeh, Nov 2, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. ShortehmcLazzeh

themarting

do you have a link to the game?
    If you have access to the installer, theres no reason you shouldnt be able to download it. Windows will let you downnload darn near anything, regardless of if its meant for windows 8 or not. Try checking your browser security settings, or your pc security settings. Try seeing if anyone you know has the installer .exe file. If it runs in windows 7 it will run in windows 8 in my experience.

Good luck and be sure to reply

themarting, Nov 7, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. ShortehmcLazzeh

ShortehmcLazzeh

Thank you for your reply!
    And yeah. Do you know Lineage II or Aion?
    Lineage II -http://www.lineage2.com/en/
    Aion - http://na.aiononline.com/en/

I tried installing these two and tried reinstalling a few times too. But it always say that I can't because it doesn't have the requirements.
    Can you elaborate on the security settings? What should I look for? Thanks a lot.

ShortehmcLazzeh, Nov 7, 2013
  4. ShortehmcLazzeh

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

Those games are from an era before Moses parted the Red Sea. I am not surprised they have difficulty running on a modern OS.

Core, Nov 8, 2013
  5. ShortehmcLazzeh

themarting

If you're getting to the point where you can attempt an install and are told you dont have the requirements, then youre past the security settings. Would you be able to elaborate further on what requirements youre being asked for and what error youre being given?

Maybe take a screenshot of the error message.

themarting, Nov 8, 2013
  6. ShortehmcLazzeh

airplayne

Have you tried installing and running them in compatibility mode? For some of the games I used to play on XP this works quite well.

airplayne, Nov 8, 2013
  7. ShortehmcLazzeh

themarting

I can vouch for this, I've "fixed" a couple of game this way. I try compatibility with WIndows XP first and try newer and newer versions until it stops working. I dont know what the differences are so it might not even matter, but i do know it makes some games work.

themarting, Nov 11, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question