Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jonathan J, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Jonathan J

Jonathan J

Hey guys,

My name is Jonathan and I'm from the United Kingdom and I'm living in Taiwan at the moment working as a computer engineer for a software company that makes ECU modules and systems for cars like GM, BMW, Benz, Ford etc.

I'm currently using Windows 7 as my operating system; however, I'm thinking of upgrading to Windows 8 if the features and usability can convince me enough to make the switch.

Jonathan J, Apr 16, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Jonathan J

Ian Administrator

Hi Jonathan, welcome aboard :).

Sounds like an interesting job you've got over there!

Feel free to ask your questions on the forums, I'm sure we'll be able to offer advice.

Ian, Apr 16, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. Jonathan J

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Hey Jonathan. Greetings and welcome. Thanks for taking the time to join our community.
    As far as "upgrading" to Windows 8... my recommendation would be to, if at all possible, test it in a dual boot scenario or in a Virtual Machine and take some time to form your own opinions.
    Personally I love Windows 8, but if you asked me why, I'm not sure I could give you a single definitive answer, except to say that is sorta grew on me.
    There's a learning curve and to some, your two criteria "features and usability" are deal breakers as there is going to be some stumbling and fumbling at first while you learn new ways to do old things.
    As far as features, I'm not at all sure that you can do anything in Windows 8 that you couldn't do just as well in Windows 7 and usability..... well, that topic is so subjective that it has been grist for the internet mill since the developer's preview and it has even been declared "unusable" by some.
    I think it's best to form you own opinions. It won't take you long to come down on one side or the other of the debate. There are very few on the fence.

Trouble, Apr 16, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question