Hello World!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by David B, Aug 9, 2013.

1. David B

David B

Hello World!,

I've been a member of this forum since yesterday, so it may seem kind of late for this, but let's do it anyway! My experience with Windows 8 really threw me for a loop when I got it because I have been running Windows XP on my computers all these years; only using Windows 7 on school computers. Naturally, I got a sort of "culture shock" when I found that everything that I know (or don't know) about Windows XP is essentially useless now.

Anyway, it's time for me to embark on that same journey with Windows 8 that I started with Windows XP years ago, and finally finished last month when I got Windows 8. Who wants to join the party?

David B, Aug 9, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. David B

davehc

Welcome, David. Yeah. Big jump from XP straight into Windows 8. But I think you will find, that if you give it a chance, it is a great program.

davehc, Aug 9, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. David B

David B

I've already been using Windows 8 for a few months, and my opinion on it is that out of the box, Windows 8 is not very good, but with a little help from third-party programs, you can make it a wonderful operating system. I refuse to use Windows 8 if it doesn't have some sort of Start Menu emulator on it because I view the new Start Screen as inefficient; some of the things you could do with a click of the mouse now require a hover, a click here, a click there, and one more to do the same exact thing. Also, the new "Apps" screen is kind of messy. My usage of Windows 8 generally stays to the traditional desktop that everybody knows.

David B, Aug 10, 2013
  4. David B

Ian Administrator

Hi David, welcome to the forums (and to Windows 8!) :).

Ian, Aug 11, 2013
  5. David B

David B

Thanks Ian!

David B, Aug 11, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question