HDMI port does not always display desktop onto TV

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by Noy Hadar, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Noy Hadar

Noy Hadar

I bought a Win8 laptop for the sole purpose of using it as dedicated machine for my TV.

The HDMI ports connects to my audio-reciever, which is then connected to my TV via HDMI as well.

Usually, the laptop recognizes the connection, and displays the desktop on the TV.

Too often, that connect is not recognized, and have to turn on/off the TV and receiver in an effort to establish that connection. Once I get into that game, it either works right away or not at all. If that connection is not established, then here is no telling what it will decide to connect again.

I have updated the DisplayLink drivers hoping that would do something. It did not, and I uninstalled it.

This is so frustrating. What are my options here?

Noy Hadar

Noy Hadar, Sep 30, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. Noy Hadar

bassfisher6522

I think you're hooking it backwards....

Connect the laptop directly to the TV via HDMI. You don't need to run it through the audio-receiver as the TV is being used as monitor. You could connect the laptop to the TV using another type of connection (RGB also known as VGA or DVI) if the TV supports those connections. HDMI sole purpose is to transmit audio (as well as video)....DVI is already 1080 as well as HDMI....the only difference is audio.

bassfisher6522, Oct 1, 2015
    1. Advertisements

3. Noy Hadar

Noy Hadar

I'm actually using it to watch movies/videos. So I need the audio passed to the receiver.

Noy Hadar, Oct 4, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question