Guide for starting desktop version of Internet Explorer 10 from the Metro Start Screen

Discussion in 'Windows 8 News' started by brkkab123, Apr 12, 2012.

1. brkkab123

brkkab123

brkkab123, Apr 12, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. brkkab123

Victor Leigh

Just had a look-see at that guide. I think it can be used to add other programs to the start screen, too. I am going to see if I can get WoW started this way.

Victor Leigh, Apr 30, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. brkkab123

davehc

Maybe it doesn't work for everyone, but all I did was went to the exe (C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer \iexplore.exe) right clicked and "Pin to Start" I have also used this for other non standard executives.

davehc, Apr 30, 2012
  4. brkkab123

brkkab123

I have an idea I'd like to see Microsoft do with the Start screen in the final release of Windows 8. How about instead of having 50+ icons for all the various components of each software, especially considering the way it is now alphabetical, but not alphabetical by program, How about a icon on the Start screen for each program that has the programs actual graphic look, yet when you click on the icon, it opens up a folder with that programs various selections. Another words, instead of having10-20 icons all over the Start screen for say Microsoft Office, TuneUp Utilities, etc., have tjust the one icon, with the programs name and graphics and when you click on said program, if there's more than one option/component, bring up a menu that lists them from that one icon.

brkkab123, Apr 30, 2012
  5. brkkab123

davehc

Comments in forums are being relayed back to Microsoft. They are also perusing the forums themselves for useful feedback. Another poster was commenting on the uselessness of posting hacks for early releases, and that all should wait for the final release before experimenting. I do no agree. I feel the, in early june, the next relese will be so close to finalisation, that Microsoft will, at that stage, be unwilling or unable to incorporate large "fixes". Now is the time to bring problems and complaints, to their attention.

davehc, May 1, 2012
  6. brkkab123

brkkab123

That would be smart for them to do. Just with the removal of the Start Menu they're going to lose a ton of faithful customer's. Especially as alot of the ways for getting to certain things, is super hidden.Alot of people don't know about a feature or how to use it, so do you think making it super hidden is going to hel them ?Why is Windows Media Center only going to be availiable in Windows 8 Pro & up ?I could understand it being a paid addon, if it were a new, improved version, It isn't. it's the same Media Center that Windows 7, as is Media Player, too. Plain & simple, it should be all versions and included for the Windows 8 purchase. Not a for pay addon for a now old, unimproved version. Safe Mode needs to be made easy to get to. Not the long command prompt route that's in place. What happens if you can't get into Windows 8 to get to a command prompt ?

brkkab123, May 1, 2012
  7. brkkab123

Victor Leigh

Well, that's what I did. And, you know something?, WoW can be added to the start menu and when WoW is launched from the start menu, the screen doesn't flicker anymore like it did before when I launched WoW from the task bar.

Victor Leigh, May 2, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question