Google Nexus 7

Discussion in 'Tablet / Surface Devices' started by ksam911, May 28, 2013.

1. ksam911

ksam911

This is my current tablet. Its not bad.All in all, I would recommend the Google Nexus 7 if someone was on the market for a high-quality Android device. It works great for business and for play and my kids have been enjoying the play time on it too. It had all of the Apps that I typically use daily. There was Instagram, Facebook, Facebook Page Manager, Pinterest, Twitter and fun apps that I love like IMDb. The 32GB allows for a plethora of music,movies, books, pictures and, apps to be put on the device and I don’t feel like I have to be picking and choosing what I want on there. Anybody else a fan?

ksam911, May 28, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. ksam911

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

I'm not interested myself, but my mom's in the market for a tablet. I've been pushing her towards an iPad Mini, but the Nexus is a viable option. I'd rather she picked the Apple, because I'll end up being her designated tech support guy like with everything else. At least with iOS, I can tell her how to do stuff... And I know the device is high quality. But, on the flip side, she will need 3G, which means the Nexus would probably be almost half the price. :eek:

Core, May 28, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. ksam911

hlw_rocer

I don't own one, but your description of the tablet makes it seem like a very viable option for me to buy. My friend has one and it looks really nice and is generally compatible with more file formats than my iPod touch is, so I wouldn't need to convert videos I download to watch.

hlw_rocer, May 29, 2013
  4. ksam911

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

The Nexus 7 is a fine tablet with awesome specs in that price range, followed somewhat closely by the Samsung Tab2. I just wish the nexus supported an SD card add in and I wish the tab2 would up their processor specs. My daughter has been driving me nuts shopping for a 7 inch android tablet.
    And from the looks of things she's not the only one. Some interesting predictions and stats in that article.

Trouble, May 29, 2013
  5. ksam911

crazycroc

Isn't this a Windows forum?

crazycroc, May 31, 2013
  6. ksam911

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

You're absolutely right. Is it enough if I ban ksam911, or do I have to delete the thread as well?

Core, May 31, 2013
  7. ksam911

TinkerBell

My older sister has a Nexus 7 (16GB) Tablet. It is a truly great tablet. The Nexus 7 is a full open Android Tablet that's able to make you use GPS Maps anywhere you go. Personally, I prefer my iPad Mini 64GB over the Nexus 7 any time. :p

TinkerBell, Jun 3, 2013
  8. ksam911

adamsmith

i also own a Google Nexus 7 which is great yet of enjoying its efficient performance through fine features and sober look .. anyone who has the same tab can't deny from the fact..

adamsmith, Jul 2, 2013
  9. ksam911

crazycroc

Haha, no don't do that! That would be a bit harsh I think. However I think we should all tell ksam911 to get a Windows tablet instead :p

crazycroc, Jul 8, 2013
  10. ksam911

carlalexander

It's always a good idea to have competition in a certain field so that it is not monopolized by a certain product or company e.g Ipad and the like. Google Nexus aside, I really like how Samsung is giving Apple a run for its money, and I think generally Samsung has better products than Apple.

carlalexander, Jul 9, 2013
  11. ksam911

Woobeewoo

I love it, I even sold my iPad after a week of using the Nexus 7. The form factor is perfect (a 10" is too cumbersome, I just use my laptop for tasks that require a screen larger than 7"), it's the best tablet you can get for the price and what's incredible is that the build quality is better than most $400+ tablet.

Woobeewoo, Oct 22, 2013
  12. ksam911

fireinyourwords

I think Google's done a great job with their Nexus line, these are fantastic tablets for the price. Which is really one of the biggest selling points, that much quality for so little money. I just wish other tablet makers would follow suit and release quality devices for that kind of price point. Can you imagine Windows RT tablets being that inexpensive?

fireinyourwords, Jan 10, 2014
  13. ksam911

davidhk129

One drawback...........
    It does not have a micro sd card slot for extended storage space.
    16 GB internal storage may not be enough. Buy a 32GB version is the only alternative.

davidhk129, Jan 14, 2014
  14. ksam911

turklife

The one thing that really interests me about the Nexus tablets are that you get consistent updates of the Android operating system. Often times with other tablets, they eventually no longer receive new updates to the OS and the tablet isn't able to stay relevant. I really like how the Nexus tablets receive these updates, and because of this they are a really attractive option.

turklife, Jan 17, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question