Frustrated

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by humtex, May 10, 2013.

1. humtex

humtex

Being a okay computer person just above novice and way way below expert why can't the brains at Microsoft just keep it simple for log in, task bar, desktop icons, programs, etc. Why not go to Joe Blow and say "hey sit down with our new windows and give us your thoughts" instead of going to a "nerd" (pardon me fellows). Do you think they would be shocked at the response! It looks as if I will be going back to Windows 7 (rats). Microsoft seems to get it correct every other generation if you look at the history.
    Thanks for reading if anyone takes the time.

humtex, May 10, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. humtex

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

Frankly, I don't think they talked to any "nerds". No "nerd" would look at Metro and give two thumbs up. Furthermore, only "nerds" and IT professionals would use the OS beta, and yet Microsoft pretty much ignored all the UI design feedback they got during the beta phase.

They got a lot of things right with Windows 8, but so much of it is muddled by the interface fiasco.

Core, May 11, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. humtex

habibk20

i had so many problems with windows 8 as in Flash and other contents ... i switched back to windows 7 and now i am happy :)

habibk20, May 13, 2013
  4. humtex

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

I think that sums it up..... be happy.
    Who cares what OS you choose to use. If it does what you want and you're content..... then good for you. Seriously.

Trouble, May 13, 2013
    habibk20 likes this.
  5. humtex

rayzah

I dont understand the idea behind the tiles on the desktop version, it makes sense for the tablets or touchscreen, but for the desktop it's just frustrating trying to navigate throught the OS. I knew I hated it when i had to go to the search just to find notepad, that's completely unnecessary

rayzah, May 24, 2013
  6. humtex

bassfisher6522

Hey habibk20, it you decide to give 8 another try, I suggest using either Classic Shell or Start8 and ModernMix. This will give you the look and feel of windows 7 but with all the benefits of windows 8, especially on the efficiency of CPU/RAM usage not to mention the speed itself of the OS. Much better than in windows 7.

bassfisher6522, May 24, 2013
    habibk20 likes this.
  7. humtex

habibk20

I am using a pretty fast Pc's and Laptops in Office so does not feel the difference in speeds as compared to Windows 8 and 7, i was just annoyed by all the staff members had problems with internet browsing and other Flash Issues and when i switched back to 7 every thing is now fine.

habibk20, May 27, 2013
  8. humtex

bassfisher6522

It happens...well at least everyone is not crying wolf anymore.

bassfisher6522, May 27, 2013
  9. humtex

habibk20

I guess Windows 8 will be stable after they release its Service pack or some major update that will fix all its issues... until then for serious Professional works Windows 7 is better.

habibk20, May 27, 2013
  10. humtex

bassfisher6522

Windows 8 is very stable and super efficient with respect to RAM/CPU usage vs how 7 handle that.

So how did you install 8? It's recommend to clean install not upgrade. I did a clean install with the upgrade, and there is tips on the net how to do this, by creating an ISO and then booting from that to install the OS.

http://www.guidingtech.com/16395/make-bootable-iso-file-windows-8-pro-after-upgrading/

Then I installed Start8, now I have a windows 8 pc that looks and acts like a windows 7 pc except with all the full features and benefits of 8. It's really quite nice. If you have a spare laptop/desktop, I would highly recommend trying it out again.

bassfisher6522, May 27, 2013
  11. humtex

habibk20

I purchased all upgrade on windows 7. i have almost 35 Desktops and 6 laptops all have windows upgraded .... i never did a clean windows 8 install. you can say the keys does not activate clean install until and unless you upgrade it :(

habibk20, May 27, 2013
  12. humtex

Of course you can do a clean install of Windows 8 from Upgrade Media. There must be a hundred or more how to articles out there on the web to explain how.
    Here's one and just Google if you want another dozen or so that all say practically the same thing.

Trouble, May 28, 2013
    habibk20 likes this.
  13. humtex

AvalonX

I have a 65 year old lady who I support. She pays me to upgrade her systems and such. Even though its a home system the decision to remove the start button was so stupid it boggles the mind. Training her will be very difficult. This is the problem with Windows 8 so I feel your pain.

AvalonX, May 28, 2013
    habibk20 likes this.
  14. humtex

habibk20

I agree but Microsoft Windows 8 Upgrade key does not activate clean installed windows.... u need to purchase a FULL version KEY to activate clean install. Upgrade key only works with Upgraded Version :(

habibk20, May 28, 2013
  15. humtex

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

You can clean install using an Upgrade version disc and an Upgrade key and activate it just fine. You don't need to buy a retail copy just to do a damn clean install.

Core, May 28, 2013
    habibk20 likes this.
  16. humtex

habibk20

well you know i tried this and when i installed today a clean copy from that media the key in start worked but was not activating the windows but let me install the windows in the start where it asks for key.... then i ran the windows setup again on the same clean install and when i clicked upgrade the current version then the same key worked for Activation.... i was surprised to see how much key is intelligent that activated the upgrade but did not activate the clean install from same media... Windows 8 keys are even smart lolz

habibk20, May 28, 2013
  17. humtex

Yes they are. Very smart. In fact when you perform a clean install using the upgrade media and upgrade key. Even when you delete all existing partitions the installation process has already detected a previous qualifying version of Windows to support the process.
    Now doing a clean install on a new blank disc that you may have partitioned and formatted with third party tools prior to beginning the installation is not as simple and clear cut and will likely result in activation issues as you've experienced. Still do-able, though it requires knowing some additional steps so some additional Goggle'n might be necessary.

Trouble, May 28, 2013
    habibk20 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question