Frustrated with limited Copy function

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by DRFP, Dec 10, 2012.

1. DRFP

DRFP

Windows 8 is well, the biggest pain I have had since Vista,

I have had numerous problems copying programs from one HD to a Flash or other HD, Windows 8 asks for Admin rights, I give it then asks for it again and again and again like a loop, it thinks then its changing a file by moving it and refuses to move it! I feel like a 5th grader did the WIn 8 programing sometimes or its made for an IQ of 60 what ever as I use Win 8 I hate it more and more because of these problems

DRFP, Dec 10, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. DRFP

Nibiru2012 Moderator

I have had that issue with a few files. The other day I cleaned out my external 2.5" hard drive and transferred about 68 GB of data, folders, files, etc. with about 3700 items total and not once was I asked for Admin Rights.

Nibiru2012, Dec 11, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. DRFP

DRFP

I'm just so frustrated, moving a couple files about 1 GB and one file for some reason 8 kept saying admin rights over and over and that by copying and moving it was changing the file so I needed Admin rights, then I could not give them. I googled this and its happening to others, I have no idea what is going on, you should be able to copy without this, it was from an external HD to a Flash

DRFP, Dec 11, 2012
  4. DRFP

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

I dunno what to tell you. I haven't had any permissions issues since disabling UAC.

Core, Dec 11, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question