From HDD to SSD Clean install

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by JVi, Jul 8, 2014.

1. JVi

JVi

Hello,

My Laptop ( ASUS K55VD ) came with windows 8 pre-installed.

Now I want to install a Samsung EVO 840 250gb/500gb SSD, now I run a 750gb HDD which i split into 2 partitions which have a total of around 140gb used. But I can transfer stuff to an external HDD if needed. After I install the SSD I want to use my current HDD as an external HDD by buying a enclosure for it of course.

My main question is: What do I have to do to install Win8 clean on the SSD for optimal use? I don't know if I am on OEM, currently at work

Thanks in advance

JVi, Jul 8, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. JVi

bassfisher6522

Your laptop came preinstalled with the OS it's an OEM. You should be able to use your recovery disc's that you've made (if you have made them) to reinstall the OS back to factory settings on the SSD. Then once that is done and your laptop is fully updated and working correctly, then you can do what you want with your old HDD. YES....fully backup that old HDD before you do anything...just incase something goes wrong.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

bassfisher6522, Jul 8, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question