Frequent WiFi Connection Drops?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by GuyBall, May 21, 2013.

1. GuyBall

GuyBall

So I'm facing frequent wifi connection drops with my laptop. It's weird - because if I switch to airplane mode and back, it connects instantly back. Otherwise it's take a minute or two, changes to "Limited" and then fixes itself. So weird.

Yes, I have proper drivers installed, yes I have installed critical updates. Any suggestions?

GuyBall, May 21, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. GuyBall

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Maybe jump on your router's interface and select another channel. Experiment.... down to 3 or perhaps up to 11.
    You may want to play about some with encryption as well and see which one works best. Some people report better results with AES rather than TKIP

Trouble, May 21, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. GuyBall

GuyBall

Yeah I have all encryption disabled since I use a low-range router in my home. Anyhow, found out what was causing the trouble. Changed the Wireless settings to "Maximum Performance" in power settings and till now seems stable. Hopefully that's the end of it - was really getting on my nerves.

GuyBall, May 21, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question