Free Trials

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by vida_llevares, Dec 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vida_llevares

vida_llevares

Where can I get free trials of Windows 8?

vida_llevares, Dec 16, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. vida_llevares

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

The only "trial" I know of is the Developer Evaluation of the Enterprise edition, which can be acquired here. It cannot be upgraded into a retail version, so if you install it, be aware that it will only work for 90 days, and even if you buy an upgrade or retail copy of Windows 8, you will have to perform a clean install. I don't recommend it unless you know what you're doing and understand the drawbacks and risks.

Core, Dec 16, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. vida_llevares

Smackz

If you really don't want to buy it just yet, you can pirate windows 8 to check it out. I can't guarantee that you will not be caught, however. This would be a good way to give windows 8 a test run without the fear/panic of knowing that your OS will expire in X days.

Smackz, Dec 23, 2012
  4. vida_llevares

davehc

Please! No recommendations on this site, regarding pirated material.

davehc, Dec 23, 2012
    clifford likes this.
  5. vida_llevares

Smackz

Alright, dude. I won't next time. Thanks for warning me about this. I didn't think you guys were serious about that sort of thing. :/

Smackz, Dec 23, 2012
  6. vida_llevares

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

Activation bypasses are often broken by system updates, which may cause the OS expire instantly. Furthermore, acquiring an illegal copy means you don't know what's been slipstreamed into it, which, to me, is a bigger cause for fear and panic. Considering the cheap price tag of Windows 8, I don't think it's worth the headache.

Also, on the forum we have a zero tolerance policy towards advocating piracy. It's not that we love Microsoft and think they desperately need more money, but it's just common sense. There won't be a second warning.

Core, Dec 23, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question