Firefox 25 to bring a major redesign

Discussion in 'Software' started by sonic, Jun 21, 2013.

1. sonic

sonic

[​IMG]

Source

Can't say I like the new look. Rounded tabs make it look like chrome. I'm perfectly fine with how it looks now. What do you guys think?

(moved it for you M8 - davehc).

sonic, Jun 21, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. sonic

Ian Administrator

I quite like it :). It's a nice balance between the Chrome style and the standard Windows UI. Thumbs up from me!

Ian, Jun 21, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. sonic

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

I can't say I really care either way, I've stopped using FF. Themes help with most aesthetic issues.

I do think they should give up on the version numbering, since my understanding is that the browser is on a rolling release system anyway.

Core, Jun 21, 2013
  4. sonic

Ian Administrator

I never understood why they moved to this type of numbering. At this rate we're going up almost 10 versions per year... it seems to fly in the face of established versioning systems and logic. At least Chrome doesn't show the version so often, even though it uses similar numbering.

Ian, Jun 21, 2013
  5. sonic

davehc

That is one reason I do not use FF. I think it marks up well with other browsers, but the constant reinstalls for updates are irritating

davehc, Jun 21, 2013
  6. sonic

PSyCHoHaMSTeRZa

Maybe at some point they will move to another versioning scheme. Firefox X lol.

I quite like firefox. But both browsers has their ups and downs. I use on or the other how I feel like it or how I need it.

PSyCHoHaMSTeRZa, Jun 24, 2013
  7. sonic

davehc

One thing I do use a lot in IE, is the very quick (right click) method of putting a shortcut on the desktop. helps with back referencing.

davehc, Jun 24, 2013
  8. sonic

airplayne

It just looks like they are still chasing Chrome. Unless they do a major redesign that rivals Chrome without looking like they copied the whole thing, then I would be interested in looking at it. But not right now.

airplayne, Jun 24, 2013
  9. sonic

themarksquared

I haven't touched Firefox (or any other browser that is not Chrome) for so long now. Google Chrome pretty much gives what I need when it comes to internet browsing and the like. The upgrades are nice but I think I will still be sticking with my beloved Chrome.

themarksquared, Jul 15, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question