Files and Folders In Win 8

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ken Wanamaker, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Ken Wanamaker

Ken Wanamaker

I recently bought a laptop and had data transferred from my desktop. I am having a problem with the files/folders/docs. When I search the docs are all there, but they are not there in the folders I had them under when I transferred. For example, I had a folder called Household that contained budget docs, health docs, and other day-to-day items. When I "search" a specific doc I can find it, but the docs are scattered all over and I cannot find the folder, if there even is a folder anymore Same with my music files. They are all there separately but do not appear in Windows Music player. I went into the music player and tried to get the files in through 'organize', but no luck. What am I not understanding here? It was easier in XP. there were tan-colored files in places I could easily access.

Thanks for responses.

Ken

Ken Wanamaker, Jan 25, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. Ken Wanamaker

Trellum

I had the same problem, that's why I always try to save everything on ''my documents'' folder. Sometimes when I transfer music everything goes directly into the music folder.

Maybe you'd benefit from using a third party file manager?

Trellum, Feb 17, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question