Favorite Tablet?

Discussion in 'Tablet / Surface Devices' started by cluckis, Jun 20, 2012.

1. cluckis

Kelly

I'm looking for a tablet at the moment as well. For all the iPad users is there anything about the iPad that you don't like?

Kelly, Oct 20, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. cluckis

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

The price.

Core, Oct 20, 2013
    Ian likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. cluckis

davidhk129

+1 for Core.
    I don't have a tablet myself, although I am trying ( very hard ) to persuade myself to buy one.
    From my off and on research of this subject, I have concluded I would buy a Nezsus7 from Google, for affordable price and features. I am cheap.

davidhk129, Oct 22, 2013
  4. cluckis

Woobeewoo

I sold my iPad because of the limits of iOS. Setting the app you want as default is a huge advantage, and in iOS you simply can't do that. Sharing options are ludicrous too.
    About the tablet, which dimension do you prefer? The Nexus 7 (2013 version) is the best 7" tablet you can buy right now. The screen is sharp and crisp, it has good battery life and incredible price. If you prefer a 10" you should probably wait for the new Nexus 10.

Woobeewoo, Oct 22, 2013
  5. cluckis

Kelly

I'm really looking at that Windows Surface RT tablet. Does anyone have this tablet or know anyone who has it. I was going to get an iPad but if I can find a tablet with more features at the same price or less I would be happy with that.

Kelly, Oct 22, 2013
  6. cluckis

Woobeewoo

I know the RT looks good from a price perspective (Microsoft cut the price recently, it's now at $349) but there are some issues to consider:
    - The 32 GB version has only 15 GB available
    - The app selection is abysmal, and sadly there are no indications that the situation will change in the near future
    - Being the RT, you don't have access to the desktop software selection
    If these points are not important, then buy the Surface 2, it's the updated version of the RT with faster performance and longer battery life. If price is not a problem you should get the Surface Pro 2.

Woobeewoo, Oct 23, 2013
  7. cluckis

I am very excited that the new Mini will have Retina. The screen was the only reason I sold mine... Switching from a rMBP or iPhone to a non-Retina tablet was tiring on my eyes.

Core, Oct 23, 2013
  8. cluckis

Kelly

I'm still trying to decide if I really need one. I just bought a new laptop and about 85% of the things I do happen on the laptop. It's just that I hate it when traveling. Packing it up, plugging it up, even carrying it around the house annoys me. I would rather have a tablet. I can't really make up my mind on what to get. I had a horrible experience with my iPhone so I wanted to steer clear of apple products but all I ever hear is the iPad is the best hands down.

Kelly, Oct 24, 2013
  9. cluckis

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Maybe you're just not listening to the right resources.

and

It doesn't seem like a tough choice to me. I guess it just depends on what you want to do

Trouble, Oct 24, 2013
  10. cluckis

I'm not sure the manufacturers of the products are the "right resources." I'd rather hear from people who actually use or have used the devices I am considering purchasing, and not those who are trying to sell me one.

Core, Oct 24, 2013
  11. cluckis

bsge11

I'd say the iPad retina. Really clear and high quality screen. Plus of course the os is the best than any operating system on a tablet.

bsge11, Jan 3, 2014
  12. cluckis

fireinyourwords

I was looking at a Windows tablet before I settled on my Note 8.0 tablet. Being an artist, the main thing that sold me was that the one app I really needed was available for Android but not the Windows Store. Which was a shame, because I really loved the Surface I was looking at and may still get one, but the missing app was enough to drive me to get the Note. I love it, but I also love my Lumia phone and would love to keep devices in the same eco-system.

fireinyourwords, Jan 9, 2014
  13. cluckis

Tchégéda

I don't know if the difference between an iPad Retina and an Surface 2 screen "1920*1080" is very visible.

Tchégéda, Jan 17, 2014
  14. cluckis

airplayne

Personally, I would never purchase an iPad. Mostly because of the proprietary nature of the device. A close second would be the price compared with other tablets.

I may be in the market to purchase a tablet in the near future and will most likely be looking to buy either an android or windows based device.

airplayne, Jan 22, 2014
  15. cluckis

ZekeCabnCrk

I don't really care for the closed IOS ecosystem. I prefer android much more because I have way more control over my device.

ZekeCabnCrk, Jan 26, 2014
  16. cluckis

gadgetised

My favorite is the Apple iPad. It does everything I need it to. I use it for word processing, gaming, watching movies and even watching Foxtel, an Australian Cable service. The iPad Mini would be my second choice, closely followed by the Surface Pro 2.

gadgetised, Feb 18, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question