Favorite Tablet?

Discussion in 'Tablet / Surface Devices' started by cluckis, Jun 20, 2012.

1. cluckis

cluckis

What is your favorite brand/operating system of tablet do you like the most?

I have an iPad, and I think its one of the best.

What do you think?

cluckis, Jun 20, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. cluckis

Tchégéda

at day of today I saying as you. iPad is the best tablet because there is the more great choice in the application. I don't know but more things will have change.
    Acer Iconia W510, Intel Windows 8 convertible , Samsung ATIV Tab Hands-On

Tchégéda, Sep 17, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. cluckis

Ian Administrator

For me, it's the iPad - although I'm yet to try a Windows 8 tablet. I've got the iPad 3 at the moment and it does everything I desire and more. I can see the advantages of Android, but as I've already invested in an iPhone it makes sense for me to stick with for the time being.

I dislike iTunes with a passion, so I'm keeping an open mind for my next tablet PC in a few years time.

Ian, Sep 18, 2012
  4. cluckis

blowx3

I have an ipad but I rarely use it since I got the windows surface, I use it as a tablet a lot but mostly as a laptop.

blowx3, Jan 6, 2013
  5. cluckis

Kougar Moderator

My Amazon Kindle Touch. :D

Okay, true it's not a tablet but I've never wanted one anyway. I vastly prefer my e-reader for reading anything, and a laptop/desktop for everything else...

Kougar, Jan 6, 2013
  6. cluckis

jubbly

I have a 9inch versus touchpad tablet. Didn't really cost me anything as I got it as a gift on a phone contract. It is only single core and 512 ram but it does the job. It simply wouldn't be worth my while to pay a huge amount for a tablet.

My wife has an Archos 80 cobalt 8 inch tablet. It cost her £50 and is actually higher specced than the ipad mini as it has dual core processor, 1 GB ram and quad core GPU. The screen is obviously nowhere near as good though.

Depending on what you need the tablet for you don't need to spend a fortune. Ours work fine for browsing/reading/music playing etc.

jubbly, Jan 12, 2013
  7. cluckis

Jacknot3d

Google Nexus 7, is it in the top devices when using Quadrant.

Does anyone own one of these?

Jacknot3d, Mar 30, 2013
  8. cluckis

GuyBall

Currently? Google Nexus 7, hands down. Love my Transformer too, but I still prefer GNex, lot of development going on, and I get updates real fast with GNex. Stock android experience and all that jazz too :)

iPad is fine, but can't stand iOS, personally. Just too restrictive for my liking.

GuyBall, Apr 14, 2013
  9. cluckis

Victor Leigh

I haven't got a tablet yet but my laptop has just died and I am now working with a hand-me-down laptop. There is one kind of tablet which I am very interested in. This is the kind that can become a laptop. Like some of those hybrids. Better still if it has a docking station. Like Asus Transformer.

Victor Leigh, Apr 15, 2013
  10. cluckis

Core coffee & gigabytes Moderator

I recently got myself an iPad Mini, and I love it. It's an amazing device. Before they came out with the Mini, I honestly had no interest in iPads because of their large size. This is the perfect size for me.

Right now there aren't any others I'd even really consider. Surface isn't appetizing because of the lack of good Windows Store apps (there's a lot of garbage in there), and I want nothing whatsoever to do with Android again.

Core, Apr 16, 2013
  11. cluckis

sking61

The I-pad is the best one. I honestly think the other tablets are trying to imitate the I-pad but it just can't live up to the I-pad's features.

sking61, May 4, 2013
  12. cluckis

PSyCHoHaMSTeRZa

I recently got myself an HP Envy X2. More of a touch screen laptop than a tablet actually, but you can remove the screen and use it purely as a tablet. Though I use it more with the keyboard on because the keyboard houses a second battery, which increases the battery life to about 11 hours (while im working on it).

Also, it comes with Windows 8, not RT or android, so I can still load all my ordinary desktop applications on it.

PSyCHoHaMSTeRZa, May 22, 2013
  13. cluckis

TinkerBell

I have the iPad Mini 64GB and it rocks with its portability. This thin, light iPad Mini can easily slip into a bag or a jacket making it easy to carry with you with no hustle. The iPad Mini you get all the perks of the regular iPad. You get the extra benefit to be able to carry it around with you everywhere you go. It's simply amazing!!! :p

TinkerBell, Jun 3, 2013
  14. cluckis

hmol222

For me, hands down, it is the iPad. I'm not just saying that because it probably one of the most popular tablets out there but I am saying it because I truly favour it above many of the tablets I have tried. I actually despise most Apple products as they have proved very unreliable systems in the past. However, the iPad is different, it is durable, the battery life exceeds my expectations. Just everything about it is perfect.

hmol222, Jun 6, 2013
  15. cluckis

MrsLishaNicole

I have an iPad and I love it. I would like to try a different tablet, but I would hate to have to start all over with buying apps. I would like a cheap tablet just to read on though.

MrsLishaNicole, Jun 17, 2013
  16. cluckis

adamsmith

I'm with the Win 8 OS installed phone device which i find quite suitable to me as I'm using the Win 8 based laptop so a lot more familiar to me as well.. and there is no way in the near future to switch from it to some other.. I'm good with it..

adamsmith, Jun 22, 2013
  17. cluckis

carlalexander

An iPad is an OK tablet but I am afraid that it is over priced and over-glorified. There are wonderful tablets out there like Samsung tablets and Kindle fires that are quite affordable and would perform just as well as an iPad.

carlalexander, Jun 25, 2013
  18. cluckis

TechKnow

I have an Asus EP121, which is a Tablet PC and I am head-over-heels for this thing. I have two generic Android tablets, which work find for my needs, but I love having the tablet form factor running a full Operating System. I have full USB, full HDMI out and I can install full applications; it's more than a tablet and sleeker than a laptop PC. All tablets should be like this. I guess Windows is going this route with the Surface and not succeeding

TechKnow, Aug 6, 2013
  19. cluckis

nonsiccus

I'm not even sure if a Surface Pro is considered a tablet any more, more of a tablet PC hybrid. The Surface is a pretty phenomenal device - its specs are outstanding, the battery life is reasonable for such a beast, and the screen quality is great. All told, the Surface is one of those devices that I'd love to own but never will (at least for now). The price of the Surface Pro, with any meaningful storage capacity, is absolutely prohibitive to entry. I understand you can insert a microSD card to expand the internal memory, but it still doesn't do anything to drop the price a bit. MS is having some issues moving their Surfaces, and I'm not surprised given their current pricepoint.

nonsiccus, Aug 18, 2013
  20. cluckis

Robinb9

I have the Ipad2 but I also have the Asus Vivo Smart Tab with 64gigs running Windows 8 which I like alot.
    I use the Surface Pro which is on loan from Microsoft for the seminars that I do an yes it is not really considered a tablet it is a mini laptop

Robinb9, Sep 17, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question