Error when installing windows 8.1, please help

Discussion in 'Installation, Setup and Upgrades' started by ToniSpoljanka, Apr 16, 2016.

1. ToniSpoljanka

ToniSpoljanka

So i have brand new asus k550j and i bought it without an OS. When I try to install any Windows OS installation stops when on step finishing up. It gives me this error: "Setup cannot continue due to a corrupted installation file. Contact the vendor of your Windows installation disc or your system administrator for assistance."
    I tried everything, 4 different ISO, tried to boot from USB and DVD, same error. Please help

ToniSpoljanka, Apr 16, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. ToniSpoljanka

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Hello and welcome to the forum.
    So, you've tried multiple source ISOs and from those multiple source ISOs, you've generated multiple different installation media resources both on DVDs and USBs, and in every case you get to the same spot, very near the end of the installation which you refer to as "finishing up" and the installation fails there everytime.
    I think I would suspect that the only thing remaining is the actual hard drive on which the files are being written.
    IF you are sure of the quality of the ISOs
    AND
    You're sure of the quality of the installation media that you've created from those ISOs....
    the only thing that is left is the hard disk
    OR
    Possibly a bad memory module involved with swapping files held in memory to the pagefile on the disk.

Trouble, May 10, 2016
    1. Advertisements

3. ToniSpoljanka

ToniSpoljanka

Thank you for your response. For anyone that has this same problem i fixed it with deleting both partitions and creating new ones. I don't know why but it worked.

ToniSpoljanka, May 12, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question