Email client not see Users AppData folders

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by highstream, Dec 9, 2012.

1. highstream

highstream

There are two possibilities here: either there's something wrong with my email client (Sylpheed) and Windows 8 or there's a more general problem of sync between the two. This is a new install of Win 8x64 as a dual boot with Win 7. What's happening is that when I try to add a file attachment that's located in C:\Users\...\AppData\..., the email client's attachment dialogue box (Select Files) does not see AppData or beyond. In the screenshot below, on the left is the file manager showing what is there, and on the right is the email client's dialogue box. Anyone have an idea what might be going on?

One thing I noticed is that while the Select files box shows the path, the highlight jumps to my user name, highlighted in the left tree. I'm not sure that means anything, though, since I've seen user name lists where "appdata" is at the top, ahead of Contacts and the rest. Thanks,

Sylpheed attachment problem in Win 8.jpg

highstream, Dec 9, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question