email alerts not forthcoming

Discussion in 'Announcements, Suggestions and Feedback' started by davidhk129, Sep 29, 2013.

1. davidhk129

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

I can report that I just now received an email alert regarding this particular thread regarding airplayne's post above.

I can also report that there had evidently been a problem with my previous forum email address (hotmail) which I changed yesterday to further investigate the problem and now it would seem that the email alert system is functioning fine again with my current forum email address (Comcast).
    I can only guess that perhaps, my hotmail account might have been either marking the alerts as Spam or Junk and since the switch from Hotmail to Outlook.com I can no longer actually see my Hotmail Junk / Spam folders I couldn't rescue them from there. I still receive email from the hotmail.com account from within Outlook 2013 (Office Suite) but for some reason nothing is showing up as junk.
    This is just a wild guess but since I switched over from hotmail to comcast the alerts have began arriving in my inbox again.

Trouble, Oct 1, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. davidhk129

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

When subsequent posts occur within minutes of the previous post you will only receive the one notification regarding new post in that particular thread. The notification that you received regarding davehc's post would have likely nullified any alert regarding Ian's reply post 2 minutes later. The actual alert that you receive explains this
    at the bottom of the email.

And I might suspect that if you are currently monitoring the thread live in real time, the forum software may be smart enough to detect what you are "Currently Viewing" and may not send an email alert under those circumstances.

Trouble, Oct 1, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. davidhk129

davehc

Just to throw a spanner in the works. As in a previous post, I cancelled the email alerts again, after the quick and successful test, but today I have received the last two here!!

davehc, Oct 1, 2013
  4. davidhk129

davidhk129

Scenario stated by Trouble does not apply to me.
    I am using Bell.net POP account, not Hotmail account.

davidhk129, Oct 1, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question