Easier Way to Access the Search Feature?

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by RomanAnthonysMama, Jul 22, 2013.

1. RomanAnthonysMama

RomanAnthonysMama

I'm definitely not completely literate when it comes to Windows 8 yet. My biggest frustration is that it's such a hassle to go to the right corner, go to search, THEN find the programs, and what not. Is there an easy way to access the search feature? I know there is probably such a simple solution that I don't know about! The Geek Squad tech at Best Buy showed me how to do it there, but I completely forgot. Thank you in advanced to anyone who replies!

RomanAnthonysMama, Jul 22, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. RomanAnthonysMama

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Windows Logo Key + F key (find)

Trouble, Jul 22, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. RomanAnthonysMama

davehc

I am, I think, in a minority, but don't even try and remember shortcut keys (too old . lol)
    If you want to stick to mouse movements, another way is to right click in the bottom left corner of the legacy desktop. a so-called "Power" menu will pop up, which will include the search facility.
    Alternatively, if you are in the "modern" window, just type the item - no need to go into any specific window..
    For example. You need to see the weather. Begin typing WEATHER. Even before you get to the end, suggestions will pop up.. At the end of typing, enter and the item for which you are searching , should it be a program or .exe, will open.

davehc, Jul 23, 2013
  4. RomanAnthonysMama

RomanAnthonysMama

Thanks for the help guys! I'm going to start using that start logo and F key! I needed a shortcut like that! I often use the suggestion feature and just press enter to get to what I want, but it was taking awhile for me to access the search feature and I would sometimes click the wrong thing by accident, so I think this shortcut will help me! Thanks again!

RomanAnthonysMama, Jul 23, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question