Ease of access - Mouse keys

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Support' started by mar1o, Dec 5, 2013.

1. mar1o

mar1o

In the Use of Access mouse settings, under Mouse keys, I set Use numeric keypad to move mouse around the screen to On
    I then set it back to Off.
    Since then, it reverts back to On, every time I sign on to or unlock Windows.

Does anyone have any idea how to set it so it remains permanently set to Off?

I am running Windows 8.1.

mar1o, Dec 5, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. mar1o

Thatnewguy

I know you probably did this, but I overlook it sometimes myself as well. When you uncheck the box to "use numeric keypad" do you click apply or OK?

If you are only clicking OK, it may only disable temporarily.

Thatnewguy, Dec 5, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. mar1o

davehc

There is no way in the standard settings. You might find a third party hack tht will do it, but I have been unsuccessful. problem for me is than, when I am typing, I sometimes hit it and it has some disastrous effects on what I am trying to type.

davehc, Dec 5, 2013
  4. mar1o

mar1o

Thanks Thatnewguy! This seems to work. I had not thought of going to the standard control panel. I was setting this parameter in the Windows 8.1 interface, and there is no Ok button to click on in there.

mar1o, Dec 5, 2013
    Thatnewguy likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question