Dynamode DH-660 headset not found

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by kaybee327, Mar 25, 2013.

1. kaybee327

kaybee327

Hi Guys anyone any ideas please.

Purchased DH-660 11th March and it was working fine. Had a problem with pc scan found quite a lot of malware and removed it. Avast antivirus installed scan ran and found 2 infected files which were removed machine rebooted rescan all clear..

Had a problem with Control Manager - window opened OK but no apps device.msc had same effect - found a cure on internet to add a registry key. Did addition rebooted and control manager works fine.

Problem remaining.
    the USB headset does not work. no entry in device manager, not found in rescan hardware cant find any mention of drivers so at a bit of a loss. Thought I would try the experts (users) before contacting Dynamode

Here is Hoping

Best wishes

Keith

kaybee327, Mar 25, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. kaybee327

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Hi Keith.
    Not sure what you mean exactly by the term Control Manager. I am guessing that you probably mean Device Manager (devmgmt.msc).
    Couple quick questions.....
    When you plug and unplug the headset from your computer, do you hear the typical system sound indicating that the device has been attached or detached?
    Have you tried another USB port (maybe on the back of your computer perhaps)?
    Have you tried another USB device in the port that you are currently using to connect the headset to?
    In Device Manager (Windows Logo Key + R) type
    devmgmt.msc
    is there anything present under "Other" or "Other Devices"? You may want to click "View" from the tool bar and then click "Show Hidden"
    Finally, when you purchased the headset did you receive a CD or DVD with it that might contain a software package (device drivers) or perhaps a weblink to the manufacturer where you can obtain the proper Windows 8 driver package for the device?
    Regards
    Randy

Trouble, Mar 25, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. kaybee327

kaybee327

Hi Randy

Many Thanks for your reply. Guess you sussed I was trying to confuse you :rolleyes: as I am getting too old and senile :D. Yes it should have been Control PANEL and device manager.

Please to say got headset sorted half an hour ago - nothing wrong with pc at all. Headset has one of these 'new' volume controls with 4 buttons vol up, down, sound mute and mic mute and also a power led. Noticed when I plugged it into pc or laptop no sounds at all and in device manager no activity. Also finally noticed no power led on h/set control. Thought I would check with multimeter so took cover off vol control solder joints did not look that good so just moved wire to see if one had pulled off ( dumb dumb forgot to unplug from pc) but when I moved one of the wires power came back on and headset has been fine since. Not bad fault for a headset purchased 10 days ago from BT :mad:.

I will leave alone for now as wires quite fine and I am a bit ham fisted and will probably burn thru them instead of solder.

Again many thanks for the reply

Best wishes

Keith

kaybee327, Mar 25, 2013
  4. kaybee327

Trouble noob whisperer Moderator

Glad to hear you managed to get it sorted. Thanks for posting back and letting us know.
    Sorry to hear that the device has some faulty wiring / solder joints but that's not all that unusual now a days, as quality control seems to be a term of the past.
    10 days ago would seem to fall into warranty consideration and I would suggest following up with your vendor and asking for a RMA (return merchandise authorization) and get them to send you a new replacement.
    Just my thoughts
    Best
    Randy

Trouble, Mar 25, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question