Dual Boot Win 7 & 8, use Win 8 bootloader but with win 7 quickness?

Discussion in 'Installation, Setup and Upgrades' started by themarting, Oct 25, 2013.

1. themarting

themarting

I have installed windows 7 and 8 a couple of different times on my system, dual booting both.

When i installed windows 8 AFTER windows 7 and dual booted, i was given a "pretty" bootloader that gave the option to boot to windows 8 or 7. If I chose to boot into 8, the boot would proceed, QUICKLY booting into windows 8. If however, i chose to boot into windows 7, the whole computer would restart, go through the mobo logo screen, and then boot into windows 7.

When i installed windows 7 AFTER windows 8, i was given a very basic black and white screen with the options to boot into windows 7 or 8. Either option would boot directly to the correct operating system VERY quickly, without restarting the system or showing the mobo/BIOS splash screen.

So, I'm reinstalling again, since i have a new SSD. I will be installing Windows 7, over Windows 8. Still dual booting. I would like to know if theres a way to have the Windows 8 graphical (albeit very simple) dual boot screen, but boot to either OS directly, without having to restart the entire system

Thanks in advance

themarting, Oct 25, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. themarting

SIW2

Not as far as I know.

The text menu is the only way to enter any selection quickly.

The kiddie squares menu is intended for anyone who is limited by having a touch screen only

SIW2, May 5, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question