Dot Net on Win 8

Discussion in 'Software' started by TheDespite, Apr 28, 2012.

1. TheDespite

TheDespite

Hello. Has anyone here found a solution to the .NET issue on Win8?

The issue is that when you try to install .NET on win8, it just loads forever and never does anything. However if you go to the Programs & Features in Control Panel, you can see that it at least thinks it has been succesfully installed.
    However the next time you open any .NET application, it starts updating again and just hangs there.

TheDespite, Apr 28, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. TheDespite

zacker150

You have to manually install the feature. Go to the control panel > Uninstall or Change a program > turn windows features on or off, and click .NET Framework 3.5. That should solve the problem.

zacker150, Apr 28, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. TheDespite

davehc

I actually installed it, from the early builds, initially by accident. I was not even aware there was a problem. One of the first programs I install, after the latest OS release, is Easybcd. With Windows 8, EasyBcd installation immediately states that it need the Net framework environment, and asks for permission to go online and install it. Takes a while, of course, but gets on with it and then continues with it's own install. - No more probs!

davehc, Apr 29, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question